brand name, what for ?
In the textile world, all the greatest success stories have a brand signature. From the raw yarn to the end-user, its the brand name which makes the difference between products and ensures quality.
It gives value to the work of technicians and designers. It provides added value.
At the base of the textile chain, therefore it is essential that the company which makes the yarn undertakes to define a dynamic and clear policy... SETILA has chosen this way.
Every one of our yarns has its own special brand name, which serves to identify and to give value to the product.
How to recognize SETILA products ?
What is so special about SETILA® yarns ?
SETILA was one of the pioneers of polyester production and now has some 40 years of experience in producing yarns of the highest quality, which are developed specifically to meet the requirements of the consumer in a constantly changing world.
They offer the benefits normally associated with polyester, such as easy-care, warm handle, hard wear, but other aesthetic and comfort attributes have been built in :
- Soft handle and drape : early polyester fabrics tended to be stiff and somewhat uncompromising to the touch. SETILA can now offer yarns with fine filaments and new filament profiles from which fabrics of a silky handle and appearance can be made which are highly attractive for lingerie and blouses.
- Natural look : another family of yarns which combine filaments of different thickness, shapes and luster's in one yarn, can help produce fabrics with the aesthetics of cotton and the care benefits of polyester.
- Micro-fibres : for extreme lightness combined with a sensational soft handle and warmth, SETILA has developed a range of micro-filament yarns, which bring a new dimension to intimate apparel.
And the story goes on, as SETILA, through its partnership with
manufacturers and retailers, seeks new ideas, which both respond to consumer demand and
often anticipate it.
VIVRE BIEN... SETILA® SOFT
- Filament polyester yarn with an individual filament count between 1.0 and 1.2 dtex.
- Lightweight but with considerable volume.
- Extremely comfortable to wear and pleasing on the skin.
- Exceptional luster and quality appearance.
- Reduces resistance to flexing thereby giving greatly enhanced flow and drape.
- Every kind of surface treatment is possible : soda, emerised, acquired...
- With extensive and varied uses in underwear, male and female fashion, sport and leisurewear, lining and furnishings.
- Easy care and crease removal.
VIVRE FORT... SETILA® MICRO
The garments carrying this label are made of SETILA® MICRO, the micro-fibre in polyester by SETILA.
Characteristics of SETILA® MICRO garments include :
seductive lustrous hand, noble appearance, elegant
draping quality, comfortable wear and easy care.
VIVRE VRAI... PONTELLA®
This garment carrying this label are made of PONTELLA® fabric. PONTELLA® is a SETILA® yarn, the result of yarn-with-spun-look technology.
Characteristics of PONTELLA® garments include :
- Appearance and handle of natural fibres.
- Fashionable, yet permanent appearance & finishes.
- Breathability and water resistance (optional).
- Comfortable to wear and easy care.
Setila Comforto, an intelligent textile.
Setila Comforto is part of a new generation of textiles with exceptional properties. Intelligent synthetic fabrics are able to keep the body constantly at its ideal temperature. Setila Comforto achieves this by transporting sweat completely away from the body.
Setila Comforto is a knitted fabric composed of two faces which allow two complementary actions to be achieved. The inner face is made from standard textured yarn with a high capillary action that allows perspiration to be transferred to the outer face.
The outer face is made up of fine filaments or microfilaments which allows moisture to be rapidly evaporated.
exceptional performance brings three main benefits.
- Any excessive heat build-up is suppressed, and
ventilation continues even when the garment is wet.
Suitable for the most active
Tried and tested.
Underwear with a high
The above photographs show a sportsman back after a 60 minute stress test.
1 - Cotton jersey. Cotton swells to absorbs moisture and hence blocks the escape of the heat. This results in heat accumulating and the body's temperature increases (the dark green regions show areas of low heat emission).
2 - Setila Comforto in Jersey. The permanent transmission of heat achieved
by Setila Comforto can be very clearly observed (the dark red areas indicate a strong heat
emission due to a better evaporation of the sweat).
Heading-edge technology combining strength and suppleness
|Be notified of page updates|